On the 5th Day of Christmas
On the first day of Christmas, someone sent to me, a partridge in a pear tree. On the second day of Christmas, someone sent to me, two turtle doves. On the third day of Christmas, someone sent to me, three French hens. On the fourth day of Christmas, someone sent to me, four calling birds. On the fifth day of Christmas, someone gave to me, 5 golden rings. Once I received the fifth golden ring, a striking thought occurred to me. I remembered something that happened a little earlier this year.
àFlashback ß
I woke up on one very unfortunate day. Except that when I woke up, I felt like I was being pushed, and I rolled off the bed and slammed onto the floor. Next to me, I found a golden ring sitting in plain sight. I placed it in my pocket. Then, as I was driving to work, a very silver, almost transparent car t-boned my car as I was about to turn. When I was looking at the damage, I found a golden ring embedded in my car, where it had been t-boned. I took it out, and again, placed it into my pocket. Then, at work, I felt an unusual shaking. I screamed out, “EARTHQUAKE!” but everyone looked at me as If I were asinine. They hadn’t felt anything. Then the shaking shook me all the way down to the ground. And there, I found another golden ring, just waiting for me to pick it up. I decided to pick it up, and as usual, put it into my pocket. I could sell these and make a profit for all I cared. Then, when I was about to get coffee during a break from the coffee maker, when I was starting to pour it into my cup…it was like someone pushed my hand. My hand flew out of control, and soon enough, the hot coffee was scalding my other arm. When I put down the coffee dispenser and started shaking my hand from pain, I saw a golden ring, lying right next to the coffee pitcher. I picked it up, and put it in my pocket. Then, when I went home and was about to go to sleep, my phone rang. A gruff voice said, “Hello.”
“Hello?” I asked curious, wondering who it could be at
“It appears that today was quite the bad day for you, how many golden rings do you have?”
“May I ask, who might you be?”
“That is of no matter. Now I shall tell you this, those golden rings, you’re going to sell them.”
How did he know so much? This perturbed me. “Who…who are you?” I inquired, quite apprehensively.
“I told you, it doesn’t matter. Now, about the golden rings. You are going to sell them. Then, you’re going to get them back one day. Once you get them back-“
I hung up. I figured out who it was. It was my coworker, Freddy, who had heard about my numerous rings. He was trying to prank me. After all, he was always picking on my other coworkers. Then, I closed my eyes to sleep, when I felt something, someone, slipping something into my pocket. It was a golden ring. I was shaking, shivering…what was happening? I opened my eyes quickly, yet no one was there, but I could make out, very vaguely though, I could make out a subtle wisp of smoke or air, as if…it were…a ghost. But I didn’t believe in that nonsense. It was probably a wisp of air coming from the central AC, it was broken at that time.
àBack to normal timeß
I did end up selling those rings. Then, I got the package with the rings. What was happening? I couldn’t let something happen to me. I just couldn’t. But I was too busy shivering to do anything about it. Then, I took action. I was going to the post office to find out who sent those packages.
“WHO SENT THIS!?” I demanded.
“Let me check.”
He came back, and said, “I’m sorry, sir, but…nobody sent that. Someone in your house must’ve given to you.”
That could not be possible. I lived by myself. I left and drove home. When I walked in the door, I heard something slip through when I closed the door behind me. I kept walking, and then I heard whispering, in a chanting manner. He…it was saying, “Rings, rings, rings.” I stopped. I slowly turned my head around, but I felt something was wrapping around me. A ghost, it was indeed a ghost. And right when my head was fully turned--…………
1 comment:
why are you writing such scary stories? D:
Post a Comment